Five Reasons Why You Should Start Eating Kale After Reading This Article
Wondering why you should embark on ensuring that your diet has enough kale? Well, after going through this article, you will get to learn ten most powerful benefits of kale. Perhaps you will be convinced that indeed it should be included in your intake as earlier as yesterday. Kale is equipped with all kinds of compounds most of which have medicinal properties. Look at these:
1. This popular vegetable by the name kale is related to broccoli, collard greens, cabbage, Brussels sprouts, and cauliflower. Its nutrients will amaze you. If you take a cup of kale which is about 2.4 ounce, you will get:
• Calcium: 9% of Recommended Daily Allowance
• Potassium: 9% of the RDA
• Vitamin B6: 9% of the RDA
• Vitamin K: 684% of the RDA.
• Vitamin C: 134% of the RDA.
• Magnesium: 6% of the RDA.
• Copper: 10% of the RDA.
• Vitamin A: 206% of the RDA that comes from beta-carotene
• Manganese: 26% of the RDA
2. Kale helps the body lower its cholesterol. It is known to harbor bile acid that is responsible for the significant fight of cholesterol levels in the body.
3. It has enough Vitamin C. This is a crucial nutrient in ones body. Vitamin C synthesizes collagen. Besides, it acts as an antioxidant. It is even said that one cup of kale whether raw or cooked has much Vitamin C than that found in an orange.
4. Perhaps one of the major benefits of kale is that it has substances that are responsible in the protecting against cancer. Such substances are: sulforaphane and indole-3-carbinol.
5. Vegetables have for a long time been associated with substances that counter eyesight problem. Kale is rich in Zeaxanthin and Lutein that will help lower cataracts and macular degeneration which are termed as common eye disorders among many people especially those that are caught up with age. To that end, it is important that you include kale in your diet lest, you will be compromising your eyesight.
Other benefits of kale include: help in weight loss, good source of Vitamin K, Calcium and Potassium for stronger bones.
We found a great recipe book for you to check out and it’s on sale ! Click here to learn more